[Sca-cooks] beer in food and some Florilegium comments

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 25 17:23:52 PST 2004

Kai replied to me with:
> Lord Stefan wrote:
> > http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/beer-in-food-msg.html
> >
> > Of course I'd love to have any additinal ones if folks see that their
> > favorite period one is not listed in there.
>
> I do have redactions for the following (of cause, in german; I'll try
> translate them asap) which I think are missing from the
> beer-in-food-msg
> (after glancing over it):
Thank you.
It took me a minute and a glance at your email address to realize why
you mentioned that the redactions you had done were in German. It isn't
obvious from your written English.

I have added your message to the file of stuff to go into the
beer-in-food-msg file the next time it gets updated.

Let me also explain the reason for my comment about if a recipe wasn't
already in that file. I tend to save any recipe that looks new, appears
like it may be authentic and/or a good redaction and that would be of
interest to the Florilegium readers. Unfortunately, you can sometimes
find the same recipe repeated multiple times in a file simply because I
don't usually have the time to search the  Florilegium for a recipe
before adding it to the temporary file to be added to a particular file
later. So in such a case as this, doing a quick check of the
Florilegium helps do some pre-selection for me. Of course that doesn't
mean the folks on this list have previously seen a recipe even if it is
already in the Florilegium. So no one should hold off posting something
here for that reason.

> Plese notify me if any redactions show up in other Florilegium files.
I'm not quite sure what you are asking for here. Trying to track
individual redactions/messages and tell someone where they are getting
put, including getting explicit permission if desired, is very
difficult. Among other things, I will have problems remembering to
notify someone about this. The easiest way to check for this is to do
it yourself. Go to the top of the Florilegium and use the search engine
(someday I will have the time to put the link for this on the index
page or elsewhere. sigh) and do a search on your email address(es) or
name. If someone has a problem with something of theirs being in the
Florilegium, drop me a message and I will see about removing it.
Although I don't like to do this as if I didn't think it was good,
useful info, it doesn't get into the Florilegium in the first place.
Also, putting a message in the Florilegium, may later exclude another
message since I try to avoid known duplication. Then if a message is
later removed, there is no other message to replace it with since the
second message wasn't saved.

If someone wants to put an explicit copyright message on their
redaction, I will not remove it. But if I think it excludes usage in
the Florilegium, I may not even save the message.

That's probably more info than any of you really wanted to know, and
I'm not sure it even covers what Kai is commenting/asking for.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com