[Sca-cooks] beer in food and some Florilegium comments

Kai D. Kalix kdkalix at gmx.de
Sun Nov 28 03:18:27 PST 2004

Greetings,

Lord Stefan answered to me with:
> I'm not quite sure what you are asking for here. Trying to track
> individual redactions/messages and tell someone where they are getting
> put, including getting explicit permission if desired, is very
> difficult. Among other things, I will have problems remembering to
> notify someone about this. The easiest way to check for this is to do
> it yourself. Go to the top of the Florilegium and use the search engine
> (someday I will have the time to put the link for this on the index
> page or elsewhere. sigh) and do a search on your email address(es) or
> name. If someone has a problem with something of theirs being in the
> Florilegium, drop me a message and I will see about removing it.
> Although I don't like to do this as if I didn't think it was good,
> useful info, it doesn't get into the Florilegium in the first place.
> Also, putting a message in the Florilegium, may later exclude another
> message since I try to avoid known duplication. Then if a message is
> later removed, there is no other message to replace it with since the
> second message wasn't saved.
>
> If someone wants to put an explicit copyright message on their
> redaction, I will not remove it. But if I think it excludes usage in
> the Florilegium, I may not even save the message.
>
> That's probably more info than any of you really wanted to know, and
> I'm not sure it even covers what Kai is commenting/asking for.

I'm sorry Lord Stefan misunderstood me here completely. I didn't want to
know if any of _my_ redactions made it to the Florilegium - I don't think
so, and in any case would feel honoured to contribute to this work - but if
there are already redactions of those recipes [with ale, that ist] that I
mentioned, because I translated period recipes from many sources on the net
into german, including the Florilegium (for private use, of course). If I
ever find the search engine Lord Stefan is repeadetly speaking of, I will
search for myself and compare those to the redactions I have, and if they're
different enough, I'll post them.
kai

--
Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in
order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!