[Sca-cooks] Vegetable cake: (was Fruitcake)

Joanne Clyde jmknoppe at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 23:31:45 PST 2004

****
<snip>
Hmmm... perhaps for some people the adversion is too great.  For me it is
asparagus, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and broccoli.
Daniel
****
I've never heard of a fruitcake recipe that called for asparagus,
cauliflower, brussel sprouts and broccolli...That would be more of a
"vegetable cake"...again, something I've never heard of.

I have made a "salad cake" before.  However, that's a story in and of
itself.  I really enjoy baking desserts and stuff like that.  A friend of
mine had the "gall" to ask me to bring a salad to a pot-luck.  Well, I made
a regular salad, but then I HAD to make a cake and somehow persuade
everybody that it was really a salad.  So....

Flour comes from wheat which is a grass - grass is a plant - plants =
vegetable.
Chocolate comes from a bean - beans = vegetable
Vegetable oil - c'mon, it's in the name... VEGETABLE oil
Eggs - I don't know about you, but I've had plenty of salads that have eggs
in them.
Sugar - comes from sugar cane or sugar beets - beets = vegetable
milk - Milk is extract of grass as processed through a cow, so milk=
vegetable

Hence, cake = salad

Geertruyt