[Sca-cooks] marzepan from munich

Mary Morman mem at rialto.org
Sat Nov 27 10:48:49 PST 2004

Adamantius wrote:
"If you don't mind my asking, why do you want to buy it in Munich and go
to the trouble of getting that much of it home, when you should be able
to get it more or less locally? If nothing else, I'll bet there's a
SCAdian who'd be glad to make it for you at cost or for a sufficiently
low markup as to make it cheaper, more convenient, and at no lesser
quality than an imported product?"

I often go to the UK, most often York, at this time of year and have
found that the marzepan that I buy from confectioners there is far
superior to anything I'm able to buy here in Colorado.  So I figured
that it was a "European" thing and that since I'm going to Munich this
year instead of the UK that I'd try to get a batch there and bring it
home to use for my 12th night feast.

Elaina

One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.