[Sca-cooks] Seeking.... recipe ides for I.B.S sufferer

Susan Laing paxford at dodo.com.au
Sat Nov 27 18:07:23 PST 2004

Hello the List!

This questions off topic (unless people can think of some medieval recipes
that might be useable!)

After years of ingesting various evil medications to keep my Meniere's in
check, my body has registered a vote of protest and I have recently
developed a mild case of Irritial Bowel Syndrome. (IBS).

I've begun on herbal remedies (drinking slippery elm milkshakes morning and
night - mmmmm! and eating Acidophilus yoghurt) and have increased the fibre
in my diet (lots of rice and fruit so far).

I've also been researching IBS online but am having considerable conflict
with what various "experts" claim can and can not be eaten (some claim no
meat/animal products what-so-ever - others claim these same foods are vital
to a balanced intake)

What I'd like to know is if anyone else on the list has had to cater to
IBS - and if yes, can you give me some good ideas of foods and recipes I can
trial? (I'm currently at the stage of "keep a food diary to see what sparks
the problem" and so am just working out the foods I should be avoiding)

Thanks!

Marion

Mari de Paxford
(aka Sue Laing)