[Sca-cooks] Pillsbury pie crust (was A small feast (long))

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Nov 3 05:29:03 PST 2004

The web site says this---
http://www.pillsbury.com/Learn/showTip.asp?tip_nbr=163

Now pie is easier than ever with the new Unroll and Bake pie crust.
No creases, no cracks, and the same just-like-homemade taste!

Availability of Unroll and Bake crust may vary by region.

Choosing the Right Pan
Pillsbury® Refrigerated Pie Crusts are designed for 8-inch or 9-inch pie
pans
and 10-inch tart pans, but can be cut into other shapes.
Do not roll the crust larger or stretch it in the pan, or it may shrink
during baking.

My guess is that marketing showed them that most people use 8-9 inch
pans, so
they quit making them for 10 inch pans. They still list the following
for frozen crusts
in pans--

Pet-Ritz® pie crusts are available in the following sizes:

    * 9" Deep Dish
    * 9" Deep Dish All Vegetable
    * 9" Regular
    * 9 5/8 " Extra Large
    * 9" Value Pack (5ct)

How much filling does each size of Pet-Ritz® pie crust hold?
Regular crusts hold 2 2/3 cups. Deep Dish crusts hold 3 3/4 cups.
Extra Large crusts hold 4 cups.

By the way ----There are some online coupons that can be printed out
this month in case anyone
is making pies and wants to use these.