[Sca-cooks] Re: grain in milk dishes

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 17:46:15 PST 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:22:55 -0500, Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

> One possibility might be to use the little collars that come with REAL (not
> flat-bottomed) woks, depending on the size of your pots.

I have two flat-bottomed ones I use for utility pans for day to day cooking that
isn't all that serious (like scrambled eggs, cooking quinoa, boiling pasta)

> You really ought to have something that you can use for very low heats- low
> heats are very useful for some cooking techniques, contrary to the beliefs
> of many males, who think that it will cook faster if it's on "high" ;-)

Hey, some of us know how to use our knobs, err I mean, knobs, uhm,
stove knobs.  My female roomate here is the one  that has somehow
found a way to burn things fast to a non-stick pan on an electric stove...

I am still tryin to figure out what she was cooking this morning....at
least I won the battle of  "no metal in the non-stick pans!".

Cadoc
(who doesn't wanna go to work tonight)

                                    - William Gibson