[Sca-cooks] Where R we?

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Sat Nov 6 10:37:52 PST 2004

I B in the Kingdom of Meridies. I am a member of the Barony of Bryn
Madoc, but I serve as the faculty advisor to the Georgia Tech student
group, know as the House of St. Ambrose, which is part of the Barony of
the South Downs (Athens and Atlanta, GA, respectively). The students are
the ones that got me into going to events again.

As for cooking...

I have another 7 pounds of beef cooking upstairs now for the event the
weekend of 11/19. Today,  I will be cooking another batch of my
variation on Digby's cakes (different spices, not just nutmeg). By the
way, do Digby's cakes freeze well?  I am also going to be trying out the
medieval gingerbread recipe from the Florallegium. (thanks Stefan).

As for lunch today... I made tunafish salad with apples and raisins. For
dinner, snagging some of the beef out of the pot to make stew beef and
rice, served with collard greens and some fresh cornmeal bread (not
cornbread this time.)

Aoghann