[Sca-cooks] Where R we?

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Sun Nov 7 19:58:14 PST 2004

Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> [2004.11.08] wrote:
> > hanging down from the Kola
> > peninsula).
>
> So that is where the cola nuts come from!  I
> always wondered.

Yes, once in the 1980's when I was on a skiing trip in northern Sweden I
accidentally got over the border by a few hundred miles. All of a
sudden, as a passed over a ridge, there I saw miles and miles of kola
bushes, trained into neat hedges (a bit like grapewines) and heated by
hot water from the geothermal vents found on the east side of the Ural
mountains.  On the far side of the fields I could see the Murmansk
harbour, where they still have a large fleet of tall sailing ships for
then tourist trade.

Since I could have gotten a stiff fine for passing the border improperly
I discretely turned round and made my way home.

UlfR
 Rock? When you live your whole life on a glacier you don't really see
 any rocks. You try chipping a laptop out of a block of ice, using only
 your thumbnails and your tounge. We had to do it in first grade, and
 where were happy to *have* thumbnails...

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
"Those who restrain Desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be
restrained" 		-- William Blake