[Sca-cooks] Supper (was:Where R we?

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 6 12:38:49 PST 2004

<great snippage>

> I'm planning on making some macaroni and cheese for dinner tonight- just
> haven't decided which kind- I like both the baked and the "box" style
> (although I don't use the boxes). Since I have Mac and cheese as a side
> dish, I'm trying to decide what I'll serve it beside, and then I'll know
if
> I want to make the baked classic, or Rob's version with the Velveeta and
the
> hot salsa. Leaning towards the salsa version- it's chilly today...
>
> Any votes?
>
> Saint Phlip,
> CoD

I would vote for the Velveeta and salsa.  It does sound good on a chilly
day, and we are beginning to look that way here in sunny Florida, as well.

I just sent Octavio to the grocery with a list for tonight's supper.  I
haven't been cooking much lately, 'cause I am remodeling one of my mother's
houses, and have been too tired to think, much less cook and eat.  I'm
taking today off, and I NEED to cook.  I'm going to see what sort of
unspeakable things I can do to a duck, some wild rice, acorn squash, Granny
Smith apples, and whatever green vegetable strikes his fancy.  When the
weather turns and/or I am having cooking withdrawal (which I didn't think
possible six months ago) I lean toward duck to work out creative
frustration.

I really can't wait to spend the rest of this afternoon and evening playing
in the kitchen.

Mairi Ceilidh