[Sca-cooks] cooking with Kasha

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Nov 6 13:29:35 PST 2004

Actually, that is the other way around, bulgur is termed cracked wheat.
Cracked wheat is the broken wheatberry.  For bulgur, the wheatberry is
steamed and dried before cracking.  Since bulgur is cracked, it can be
considered cracked wheat (and generally appears on packages of bulgur), but
not all cracked wheat can be considered bulgur as it is not all steam
cooked.

Bear

> I misspoke (mistyped?).  In the U.S., the only 'Kasha' I have seen is
buckwheat.  Cracked wheat is
> generally termed 'bulgur', and so forth.  There may be rice kashas
somewhere out there, but I have