[Sca-cooks] Kudzu, was Mute Swan

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Sat Nov 6 18:20:50 PST 2004

There is a project at the Institute for Paper Science to make commercial
grade paper out of kudzu. They have met with some success. Talk about a
renewable resource! A local commedian here in Atlanta refers to those
signs, posts, trees, and buildings you see along the rode covered in
kudzu as... Southern Topiaries. :)

We also get fire ants moving in, that throw the ant killer back at you;
and every year or so someone claims that a killer bee swarm has finally
reached Georgia. (None that I know of yet.) We have also had a recent
bipedal invasion from above the Mason-Dixon line, but since they
conquered the place a whiles back, I guess it's there right. ;)

Aoghann