[Sca-cooks] Re: Larded Milk

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 6 23:17:39 PST 2004

Helena mentioned:
> The recipes I've been looking at are from "Libellus de arte coquinaria:
> An Early Northern Cookery Book", edited and translated by Rudolf Grewe
> and
> Constance Hieatt.  Published in 2001 at the Arizona Center for
> Medieval and
> Renaissance Studies.
>
> This book is a compilation of 4 cooking texts that date (I think) to
> the
> 13th century - maybe 12th.  Someone who knows the book better can
> correct me.
I believe the cookbook you are speaking of is the one mentioned in this
file. Perhaps some of the information and comments in this file might
be of interest to you:
Harpstrang-cb-msg (34K) 10/19/99    The Harpestraeng cookbook. The
oldest
                                        cookbook in the Western world.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/Harpstrang-cb-msg.html

Stefan