[Sca-cooks] Goats

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 17:40:17 PST 2004

--- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:

> Speaking of goat milk, I'd always thought that the fat molecules in it
> were small enough (or something), that it really wouldn't separate into
> milk and cream, the way cows' milk does.  So, recently I've seen "goat
> butter" for sale in the dairy case of a couple of different local
> stores.  How would the producers get the butter if the milk doesn't
> separate? Is there a way to "force" it?

'Goat Butter', if I am not mistaken, is produced from the whey runoff during the production of
goat cheese.  I'll double check, but I think that's it.  The whey from goat cheese is churned (??)
into goat butter.  And, if I remember correctly, both goats milk and goat butter may be easier to
handle for those folks claiming to suffer from 'lactose intolerance'.

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.