[Sca-cooks] Cookie Exchange

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 7 18:30:04 PST 2004

I love the idea of a recipe exchange. I would definitely participate in
that.

Most margarines have either whey or buttermilk, I guess for flavor, so Tom
can't have them. I use an all-soy pareve margarine called Willow Run for
stick marge, and Earth Balance for soft spread.

Some dark and bittersweet chocolates contain milk fat, others don't. The
Ghirardelli semi-sweet and double chocolate chips are dairy-free, and we use
those for cookies.

As you can tell, I've gotten really good at reading the fine print of
ingredient lists -- and very appreciative of the companies that list common
allergens in large print.

Cynara