[Sca-cooks] Goats

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Sun Nov 7 19:15:39 PST 2004

Terry Decker wrote:

> Since Platina was writing about medical advice and good
> living, why should he care about the pace of an event.

Good point.

> That was a problem for the cook and the steward.

In this context, because we *are* the cooks.

Does anyone remember these lines from "Chariots of Fire"?

	"That would be a matter for the committee."

	"We are the committee."

> Bear
>
>  .. and ends
> > with the admonition,  "This dish, well-cooked, ought
> > to be eaten quickly so it does not get cold."
> >
> > Obviously not a SCAdian ... he knows nothing about how
> > the pace of an event can deviate from his expectations.

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick