[Sca-cooks] Platina's concern was Goats

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 8 05:22:52 PST 2004

> Terry Decker wrote:
> >
> > Since Platina was writing about medical advice and good
> > living, why should he care about the pace of an event.
>
> Good point.
>
> > That was a problem for the cook and the steward.
>
> In this context, because we *are* the cooks.
>
> Martin G. Diehl

That may be *our* problem, but certainly not Platina's.  It should also be
noted that most meals were by household or family and probably had no
particular pace.  The SCA is trying to recreate large festival meals and
exert a schedule to fit it into an existing event which may create a total
different pace from that experienced at the actual feasts we try to emulate.

Bear