[Sca-cooks] Re: Cooking Symposium

iasmin at comcast.net iasmin at comcast.net
Mon Nov 8 10:02:40 PST 2004

Kateryn de Develyn wrote:

> So, how many of you are planning on attending?  Are we going to have a little
> social get-together for the cooks on this list to do a meet and greet? I'd
> certainly like to put more faces to names.

I'd certainly recommend socializing. The potluck after the day's activities might be the perfect time to consider doing this, but don't let my suggestion stop you from doing it any other time during the day. We have plenty of gather room in the site.

> Yep - we're driving from the heart of Calontir to this symposium.

We're honored and happy to know that it's possible for you. But please please please...have the most boring trip possible. Boring is usually the safest! :)

> Does anyone know if they are going to put together a cd
> or proceedings booklet of all the papers/notes/etc for the classes for those of
> us who attend?  It would be nice to bring some of that info back to Calontir and
> share that knowledge wealth.

At present, there are no plans for a CD of proceedings. Mostly this is due to the fact that we've had terrible luck getting people to submit their works. But I'm willing to try again. If people bring me their works on CD, disk, or paper, I'll do my darndest to see how many we can collect onto CD-ROM and get out to those attendees who couldn't make it in person. Barring that, I'll make photocopies of handouts if the teachers bring me extras.

Drive safely, everyone!

Iasmin

Mistress Iasmin de Cordoba, Class Coordinator
2004 MK Cook's Symposium
iasmin at comcast.net