[Sca-cooks] Drinks at feasts (was: what's wierd-ish, what isn't)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 9 14:03:31 PST 2004

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

>It wasn't until Cariadoc
>moved to Caid that sekanjabin was introduced.
>When he makes it, I will drink it.  I have
>had some very awful versions of it since
>he left Caid.  I don't think I have ever
>served sekanjabin since then, nor do I drink
>it anymore.
>
>Huette

True enough.  I think that most people use too much syrup in one cup of
drink.  1:8 or less, in ice cold water on a really hot Caidan day, there
is just nothing better!

My proty Balthazar makes a pretty good sekanjabin syrup, even if he has
trouble pronouning it, and has been doing some interesting experiments
to diversify the flavorings.

Selene