[Sca-cooks] Different flours, was Cookie Exchange

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 9 18:28:22 PST 2004

It sounds like the sugar in the cookies didn't get hot enough to melt and
bind the dough.  The sweetness is probably from the sugar in the rice flour
and milk (which may have some sugar added).

While wheat flour contains gluten which helps hold bread dough together and
traps CO2 from the leavening, cookies with gluten strands are real tough, so
you usually don't mix the dough long enough to form gluten strands.

Bear