[Sca-cooks] what's wierd-ish, what isn't

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Nov 10 05:53:17 PST 2004

> > Some things I think they might consider odd:
> > - pea or lentil dishes
> > - green pies
> > - carrot/cheese pie
> > - blancmange
>
> I served carrot-cheese pie at the rapier event, if you recall, and it was very
> popular.  The taste is not too different from a pumpkin pie.

Oh, I think it's great. But there are so many people out there who
pre-judge food by the name or description, who would think a pie of
carrots and cheese _sounded_ wierd. :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"In the clearing stands a boxer, A fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders Of every blow that laid him down
Or cut him till he cried out, In his anger and his shame,
'I am leaving, I am leaving' But the fighter still remains."