[Sca-cooks] Mongolian - Middle Eastern baking

nickiandme at att.net nickiandme at att.net
Wed Nov 10 07:54:37 PST 2004

That sounds a lot like a recipe I have that I am trying to retrack down.  Nearly 15 years or so - back when I was new to the SCA - I redacted a recipe titled Boletus Bread.  It was made with milk, and sat on top of poppyseeds to rise and then bake. There was olive oil involved also.  I used goat's milk at the time because my food entry was set in Greece and goat's milk I felt was more common. The bread was supposed to be shaped/molded into the Boletus mushroom shape before baking - thus the name.

Of course - I copied the recipe into my personal cookbook (one of those cloth-covered diaries that I keep great tasting recipes in) - but never did write down the citation.  Now, I need that dang citation and I am spending evenings poring over every single cookbook and resource I have.  We're talking thousands of pages and quite a few of it is extremely fine print.  So, if anyone has a pointer to the correct citation I and my burning eyes would appreciate it.

The milk made the bread softer, less crusty in my opinion.

Kateryn de Develyn