[Sca-cooks] what's wierd-ish, what isn't

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Nov 10 08:27:09 PST 2004

> > I served carrot-cheese pie at the rapier event, if you recall, and it was very
> > popular.  The taste is not too different from a pumpkin pie.
> Oh, I think it's great. But there are so many people out there who
> pre-judge food by the name or description, who would think a pie of
> carrots and cheese _sounded_ wierd. :)
>
> Call it "Sweet Carrot Pie", and if someone is still turned off by the name, it's their loss.

I'm a little nervous about this myself. Remember, I don't do pie, and
I'm currently considering two kinds of pie for this event... the
vegetable tart from Le Menagier and the carrot pie. But anyway, can you
post the recipe, Brighid? I believe it's from Granado, right?

Oh, and does it reheat well?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"In the clearing stands a boxer, A fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders Of every blow that laid him down
Or cut him till he cried out, In his anger and his shame,
'I am leaving, I am leaving' But the fighter still remains."