[Sca-cooks] what's wierd-ish, what isn't

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 10 07:58:52 PST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net>

> I served carrot-cheese pie at the rapier event, if you recall, and it was very
> popular.  The taste is not too different from a pumpkin pie.

Oh, I think it's great. But there are so many people out there who
pre-judge food by the name or description, who would think a pie of
carrots and cheese _sounded_ wierd. :)

Call it "Sweet Carrot Pie", and if someone is still turned off by the name, it's their loss.  Carrots are relatively "safe", compared to.... oh, squid or seaweed.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net