[Sca-cooks] Apician Cookbook Question

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Nov 10 11:38:22 PST 2004

I have been busy again, so I am behind on this thread.
Terry and Robin have provided the title.
What may be of interest to people is that there are a number of German
titles that feature Roman cookery. (No, they aren't being translated
over as yet into English.) If you click on the one Amazon link--- it goes to
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3150087104/dasromischeko-21/028-6969076-7150923

That page lower down features a number of these works.

There are also some other editions listed under Apicius in print:
Apicius.
Concordantia Apiciana.	1995.	Georg Olms Publishers
3-487-09890-3.	vi, 542 pages.	German

Apicius - Concordantia et Index in Apicium
  Striegan-Keuntje, Iiona  Georg Olms Publishers
  3-487-09542-4.    1993

See also
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=books-de&field-author=Apicius/028-6969076-7150923

Thomas Gloning has a number of these listed in his Apicius section.
http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~gloning/cookmat.htm

Johnnae