[Sca-cooks] Beverages

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 17:17:37 PST 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:11:16 -0800 (PST), Chris Stanifer
<jugglethis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have a reference for the use of Malt Syrup as a beverage???  It seems to me that it
> may have occured to someone, somewhere along the way, to water down malt syrup to use as a sweet
> beverage, which, having made it myself from time to time, is very tasty.
>
> Perhaps medieval brewers didn't reduce their malt to syrup?  Perhaps they didn't make their malt
> syrup seperate from the brewing process??  Not sure.... anyone?
>
> William de Grandfort
>
> =====
> Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.

I haven't seen anything where a wort was boiled down to a syrup after
extracting....it probably happened the same way "reduced stocks"
happened and were served. "No really it is a demi glace, it is SUPPOSED
to be that way...eat it!"

I think if it was done Digby would have covered it, but I haven't done all
that much reading on brewing *yet*.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson