[Sca-cooks] Carrot-Cheese Pie (recipe and redaction)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 11 07:59:31 PST 2004

Carrot Cheese Pie may not sound appetizing to those un-socialized to the
Historical Cooking asthetic, but Carrot Cake and Cheese Cake do.  Go
figure.  I think this recipe [and your redaction] sound yummy!

A snail recipe in the Granado Libro, PARA HAZER COSTRADAS DE CARACOLES
SACADOS DE LA
CASCARA -- To Make Cakes of Snails Removed from the Shell, calls for "a
little grated Pinto Cheese" which implies something about its texture
which is not soft like Ricotta, yesno?

 From a cheese merchant's website:
 http://www.bacchuscellars.com/cheese/tronchon.htm

"Tronchon is a very small village in the southeastern part of Spain's
wild and mountainous Teruel province. The town and its surrounding area
has an age-old tradition of raising sheep and goats in mixed herds. This
tradition led to the creation of Tronchon cheese, which is made from a
blend of goat, sheep and cow milk. This uniquely volcano-shaped cheese
is beautiful and delicious. With its smooth, buttery, fresh flavor and
springy texture, Tronchon is a longtime family favorite in Spain. It
goes great with green Spanish olives and a fruity red Rioja."

Best, Selene