[Sca-cooks] Carrot-Cheese Pie (recipe and redaction)

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 09:32:33 PST 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:28:50 -0500 (GMT-05:00), Robin Carroll-Mann
<rcmann4 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Here's the recipe I was mentioning.
>
> Torta de Zanahoria (Carrot Pie)
pound of Tronchon cheese and a pound and a half of buttery Pinto
cheese, and six ounces of fresh cheese,

You could use Queso Blanco for a new cheese in this, I've used it
before, it is a curd
cheese (it looks like compacted cottage cheese, which I think it is)
that has a nice
fresh taste, and melts well.  Depending on your local market, I was
able to find it in
PA when I lived there and used it when I made tarts that called for
fresh cheese.
If you have any carnicerias in your area they should have it.  I found
it at Shady Maple
up in PA and at Giant.  Farmer's cheese is a new cheese as well.

I would use goat cheese for Tronchon.  I wouldn't go with a raw milk one though,
they tend to be stronger in flavor.

Cadoc
(who is having a  bout with insomnia today)

                                    - William Gibson