[Sca-cooks] Gunthar Updates

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 13 07:42:32 PST 2004

On 11/13/04 12:18 AM, "ranvaig at columbus.rr.com" <ranvaig at columbus.rr.com>
wrote:

> What a wonderful feast!   It seems like seem a great balance of
> flavors/cooking methods.  I sure wish I could be there!

Yea Verily Yea!

> I'd suggest having some plain bread for those who wont/cant eat mushrooms.

Agreed there.  I merely dislike the texture;  I know people who would need
hospitalization.

> My personal opinion would be to drop the Benes if you cant get Fava.
> Kidney beans seem unnecessary on a medieval menu.

Agreed, with an offer;  remember, you have friends who live in districts
with "Mediterranean" immigrant population.  If you cannot get fava beans,
dried or canned, you have but to ask.  Twelfth Night is not exactly the
season for fresh beans so these would perforce be your alternatives anyway.

Best, Selene