[Sca-cooks] Pomegranite Juice

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Nov 14 08:21:32 PST 2004

There are a number of middle eastern/islamic recipes that use
pomegranite.  May I suggest a "cruise" through the Anonymous Andalusian
cookbook on His Grace's website?
There's one, as well, in my Middle Eastern cookbook, that involves
cooking chicken and onions and walnuts (?) in pomegranite juice.  Very
tasty, but don't do it in a cast iron pan, as it turns a rather distinct
black!
Uhm, you could also make a pomegranite version of sekanjabin syrup,
using sugar and water and juice.
--maire (who's seeding a bunch of pom's today for liqueur)