[Sca-cooks] Gunthar Updates

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 13:03:40 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/13/2004 7:44:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ahrenshav at yahoo.com writes:

<<> :Stewd Beef (Short Ribs braised in a broth of
> onion, currants, red wine,
> vinegar
> and spices)
> :Sauge or Hen with Sage Sauce (Roasted chicken
> with a sauce of ginger,
> galingale,
> cloves, red wine vinegar, sage and topped with
> hard boiled egg)

Both these items use red wine vinegar or red
wine and vinegar.  Since you don't say how much
you are using I am making an assumption, do you
really want two sharp tasting dishes in the same
course?>>

Having done Sauge myself, I can vouch for the fact that the use of the sage
and the hard-boiled eggs makes for a VERY different tasting sauce than what you
would get from stewed beef.  They are both sharp, but not sharp in anything
resembling the same way.

Brangwayna