[Sca-cooks] Pre-Thanksgiving

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 14 17:49:39 PST 2004

Not for Thanksgiving but for this weekend -
Duck a l'orange - a la Toulouse (the french restaurant I worked in -
allspice and fresh orange juice inside and out - duck stuffed with the
orange halves - twice baked - served with a duck reduction with Gran
Marnier)
Wild Rice or maybe Wehani with cranberries, dried blueberries and pumpkin
seeds
Sage Millet Dressing
Maple Glazed Baked Pumpkin
Yummm,
Christianna

I'm probably doing Thanksgiving on my own this year, so am thinking
small.  Probably nothing period, oh, no, I may do that one recipe for
the sweet potatoes that's Spanish? (can't remember, and printout is in
the kitchen).
I'm thinking:
Nice roast chicken, with stuffing (rice, saffron, pine nuts, dried apricots)
Sweet potatoes
Green beans (okay, so it'll probably be *that* infamous green bean
casserole ;o)
Cranberry something
Pumpkin ice cream or custard....

So what's everyone else planning???