[Sca-cooks] New World Foods

Daniel Myers edouard at medievalcookery.com
Sun Nov 14 18:08:46 PST 2004

On Nov 14, 2004, at 3:32 PM, Martin G. Diehl wrote:

> What references should I consult?
>
> For references that are not written in English, or not yet
> translated to English, who could provide translations?
>
> If I do this, I'd like to have a list of ingredients (food,
> herb, spice) with an indication of high v. low priority
> (sequence of research).
>
> That may allow us to use the reserch results on an item
> by item basis as they become available.  ... instead of
> delaying publication (availability) until the research
> is complete and perfect (sometimes called forever <G>).

If it's of any use to you, I offer the simple (and severely incomplete)
database behind my "What's Period Where" web tool.

	http://www.medievalcookery.com/period.html

I built it pretty much through making concordances of period cookbooks
that were available online.  If you want it, let me know and it's
yours.

- Doc