[Sca-cooks] New World Foods

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 19:16:20 PST 2004

--- "Martin G. Diehl" <mdiehl at nac.net> wrote:
> I see what you mean and even agree with you about the
> utility of such a sweeping reference.  I think we should
> focus our initial investigations into 1492 and later.

Nah.  A reference like that would need to be concerned with ALL food introductions to Western
Europe, not just those after 1492.  Besides, North America was discovered long before 1492, and
it's entirely possible that items were brought back at that time.  Unforts, there doesn't appear
to be much in the way of Danish/Swedish/Finnish documentation about what they brought back.

WdG

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.