[Sca-cooks] To Make Cakes of Snails Removed from the Shell

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 14 19:54:26 PST 2004

Selene replied to me with:
> > Could someone give the recipe for this "To Make Cakes of Snails
> Removed
> > from the Shell" recipe?
> > This sounds like a good addition to this Florilegium file. Has anyone
> > cooked this?
> > snails-msg        (13K)  8/30/00    Eating of snails in period.
> > Recipes.
> > http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/snails-msg.html
>
> Um, Stefan?  Look before you leap, darlin'. That's exactly where I
> found
> that recipe.  Googling for "pinto" and "florilegium."
Oh! Sorry. I often don't have time to search first and yet still keep
up with this list. Too bad. This file is small and any additions would
be welcome.

However, this still doesn't answer my questions about whether anyone
had actually cooked this recipe and how it turned out.

This does remind me of crab cakes or the fried conch that I had in
Florida.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas