[Sca-cooks] Mint planting (was:Llama)

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 00:59:06 PST 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 02:46:47 -0500, Terri Morgan
<nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org> wrote:
> When I lived in Oregon we always planted the mint on the ground where the
> garbage cans were stored. That way everytime trash was dumped the mint was
> crushed and we could smell something less, ah, offensive. It didn't really
> get a chance to move out into anything else - it was too busy repairing the
> damage we did to it every time the garbage was dumped.
>
> Hrothny

When I was about ten years old, my Mother developed a fondness for mint.  She
planted a  large amount of it in our back yard, and it grew throughout
the yard,
wherever it could come up.  I used to both hate and love to mow the
grass, because
it would smell so strongly of mint in the area.  I drank a lot of mint
tea growing up.

The house has gone through two owners, and a complete dirt fill/sod
change in the back yard.

When I was up after Pennsic, visiting my Mom, the current owner was mowing the
grass and I could smell the mint.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson