[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving.

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 15 08:18:36 PST 2004

Mum "retired from cooking" a couple years ago and I was bequeathed the
Thanksgiving duties.  I was going to inflict the fearsomely
complicated-but-incredibly yummy Thompson Black Turkey upon my blood
family, but Mum just bought a Butterball and I don't think it will work
with one of those pre-injected critters.  Grrr.

Lessee.  Turkey, gravy, sweet potatoes, dressing, jello salad,
gingerbread are required by family tradition.    Our family's jello
salad uses lime jello, shredded cabbage, chopped apples and walnuts.
 Due to a death, an illness and a divorce, all three of our former usual
I'll-Just-Bring-One-Dish ladies won't. Drat.  Jared wants to add Pecan
Pie to the dessert tray, which suits me fine.  I'll have to make a
mincemeat pie, "as seen on Food Network" since I have over a gallon
still aging in brandy in the fridge.  I need to finalize salad and
vegetables.

Selene