[Sca-cooks] Gunthar Updates

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 17:46:50 PST 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:26:06 -0500, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius
<adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:
> You can tell them from me that deboning and filleting (and once
> you've done that, how hard is the cleaning???) 100 pounds of salmon
> is like winning the lottery on your birthday compared to shelling
> even, say, 30 or 40 pounds of shrimp...

I would rather debone/filet 100 pounds of salmon than debone 100
pounds of chicken.

> I'm not sure why this struck me the way it did; I'm not just dissing
> someone else's work habits. Let me think about this and get back to
> people. I think there may be some kind of Great Profound Thoughts
> (tm) on food preparation emerging... I think I may have to reexamine
> the "Just Shut Up and Do It" principle of industrial food service.
>
> Keep watching the skies!
>
> Adamantius (who is still feeling a little achey after processing 20
> lbs of sausage by hand Saturday evening)

I didn't think there was any other way to do it, aside from sheer raw
massive bribery.   (If you debone this chicken for me, you can have
chocolate!)

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson