[Sca-cooks] Pretzels

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 15 22:09:55 PST 2004

  William de Grandfort asked:
> Does anyone have a period recipe (and reference) for pretzels?  I'm
> wondering how close the modern recipes are to those of the middle ages.
Recipes, no. Unfortunately. Evidence for pretzels, yes. I do
periodically bring this subject up to see if anyone has any additional
info. Anyway, check this file in the FOOD-BREADS section of the
Florilegium:
pretzels-msg      (29K) 11/13/04    Period pretzels and pretzel-like
breads.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/pretzels-msg.html

Okay, looking at the date, it looks like I updated the file recently
but I know I haven't uploaded it to the website yet. Wait a few days
and I will try to get all the new files uploaded to that section after
I finishing updating the rest of the files in that section or send me
an email request and I will send you the latest copy by email in RTF,
text or HTML format.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas