[Sca-cooks] Update...

Craig Jones drakey at webone.com.au
Tue Nov 16 03:25:22 PST 2004

Hey folks,

Have finally arrived back from Lochac's crown tourney in Ildhafn
(Auckland, New Zealand) where the victory feast was something seen to be
believed.  They did a scroll out of sugar plate with finer detail than
I've ever seen on sugar plate before.  I'll post a picture if I can get
one...

Fantastic food (duck, lamb, rabbit, pork), many other dishes and
something that I suspect was cuskynoles or a similar variant.  Fantastic
servers who washed your dishes between dishes... Just amazing...

Got home from that and then fought heavy for the first time this weekend
(at a local ren faire).  Got clubbed like a baby seal a lot, got a
couple of kills.

No 'drakey accident stories' to tell of, but the nastiest bruise (2"
diameter black/purple/green/yellow/red nasty over my left 'man-boob') I
got all weekend was during the 'wack a knight' session inflicted by a 7
year old who I suspect by his stance and grip of the rattan was a very
good T-ball player.

Although in Ildhafn I managed 2 'drakies'... The first was falling off a
haybale while reaching for my beer and the second was spraining my ankle
running off a step on my host's path, trying to make big soap bubbles...

I've slipped a copy of me in Armour on the SCA-Cooks Yahoogroups site
(Files area) for those interested.

Looks like I'm cooking a feast next year sometime (Chinese or Mongol,
haven't decided yet), just as soon as I can get a date off the
baroness...

Cheers,

Drakey.