[Sca-cooks] black-eyed peas

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 15 22:43:52 PST 2004

> Really! Black-eyed peas?  I always thought they were of African origin.
> Not that I doubt your extensive knowledge, but do you have references
> on  hand?  I imagine I may have to defend this one if I use them! :)
>
> Aoghann
>
> Terry Decker wrote:
> > Or use black-eyed peas which were the European kidney bean before
> > Columbus.
> >
> > Bear
See this file in the FOOD-VEGETABLES section of the Florilegium for a
number of comments by Bear and others about black-eyed peas.
peas-msg          (88K)  1/10/03    Period peas. Pea broth. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/peas-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas