[Sca-cooks] Quinces

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 17 16:25:06 PST 2004

  Simon Sineghe commented:
> Poling about the web for idea for my quince crop I found:
> www.coquinaria.nl/english/recipes/04.5histrecept.htm
>
> Quince cake said to be a 16th century recipe cited to a "ms UB Gent
> 476.
Interesting. I don't think I've seen this one before.
If you are looking for more period quince recipes you might want to
take a look at these Florilegiumm files:
fruit-quinces-msg (73K)  5/13/04    Period uses and recipes for quinces.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/fruit-quinces-msg.html
marmalades-msg    (76K)  6/18/04    Period marmalades and fruit jellies
and jams
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/marmalades-msg.html

So, are you going to be selling any of your quince crop?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com