[Sca-cooks] Quinces

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 17 07:07:47 PST 2004

The author's recipe has been "modernised;" however, just above it appears a
transcription and translation of the original recipe.  I'm not familiar with
the particular manuscript, but the citation is reasonable and the site
bibliography provides:

Ria Jansen-Sieben and Johanna Maria van Winter, De keuken van de Late
Middeleeuwen. (The kitchen of the Late Middle Ages) Bert Bakker, Amsterdam,
1989 (revised edition ..)

I would try to learn more about the history of the manuscript and would work
out a personal adaptation of the translated recipe, but I would say that the
site is a reasonable source for our purposes.

Bear