[Sca-cooks] Rue Substitute?

Jackie Wyatt vaanthro at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 16:29:22 PST 2004

> I thought this might be the pine nut candy, which comes out somewhat
> like modern peanut brittle, but milk? and what is "passum"? Can someone
> post the recipe?

piper, nucleos, mel, rutam et passum teres, cum
lacte et tracta coques. coagulum coque cum modicis ovis. perfusum
melle, aspersum <pipere> inferes.
(Flower & Rosenbaum, p. 84)

Passum is raisin wine- it's wine made from raisins rather than grapes right off the vine.

Medb ingen Dungaile
(the friend who's doing the recipe for pent this weekend and keeps finding new snags)