[Sca-cooks] Smoking

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Nov 18 03:55:42 PST 2004

Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:
>So Adamantius, should I look for a pair of soft slippers and a
>quilted jacket with satin lapels for you for Christmas? For smoking
>in, I mean?

I confess I no longer own a calabash pipe with a meerschaum bowl, but
I still have a rather nice drop-stemmed meerschaum pipe. I get it out
about once a year.

>  Of course there may be the problem of keeping the meat and oils out
>of the silk, but...

Thanks, but I don't need anyone's help to appear like a greasy slob.
I can do it by myself. ;-)

>Hoo-boy. Too many Thin Man movies...
>
>'Lainie
>(who actually owns one of those nifty jackets- mine has big gold
>dragons embroidered on the lapels)

I used to have a soft flannel smoking jacket in a tiny grey check
pattern, and black silk lapels. I don't remember what happened to it.
But I never got food stains on it.

Adamantius

Holt, 07/29/04

"Who cares what you think? ...Wait! Who do write for? Who sent you?
Who do you write for???"
	-- The President of the United States, 07/04/01