[Sca-cooks] Smoking

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Nov 18 04:13:04 PST 2004

At 03:55 AM 11/18/2004, you wrote:
>Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:
>>So Adamantius, should I look for a pair of soft slippers and a quilted
>>jacket with satin lapels for you for Christmas? For smoking in, I mean?
>
>I confess I no longer own a calabash pipe with a meerschaum bowl, but I
>still have a rather nice drop-stemmed meerschaum pipe. I get it out about
>once a year.

To go with your deerstalker hat?

>>  Of course there may be the problem of keeping the meat and oils out of
>> the silk, but...
>
>Thanks, but I don't need anyone's help to appear like a greasy slob. I can
>do it by myself. ;-)

Nah- that would require polyester!

>I used to have a soft flannel smoking jacket in a tiny grey check pattern,
>and black silk lapels. I don't remember what happened to it. But I never
>got food stains on it.

Slacker ;-)

Actually, my darling Edouard has just put in a request for a couple of
plain outfits, the sort that he can wear in the kitchen or for set-up, etc,
without worrying that he'll ruining, or feel conspicuously overdressed (I
have him currently outfitted with upper merchant class/lower nobility
Eng/Fr 1404. He looks good in it). I might make something specifically for
kitchen wear. Any thoughts?

'Lainie