[Sca-cooks] Sekanjabin Origins

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 07:47:38 PST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:03:20 -0700, Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:
> There's a whole darned chapter of the Anon. Andalusian with some very
> odd flavorings for sekanjabin or oxymel (like carrot), so it's not
> really an SCAism, although specific occurences might be.
> I can't, personally, imagine wanting to put any of the varieties in milk
> <<huge shudder>>, or use as a dip--wrong flavors!
> --maire, who's sometimes thought of doing a whole bunch of different
> flavors for an A&S entry....

Make sekanjabin....add milk....drink quickly.....

Uhm, I think our views on milk and period views on milk are very different.

I remember from Platina, when he covers Milk (which I think was copied from
Pliny) is he says it should be drunk in liquid or in curds.  So we have
some documentation that people in older times didn't mind their milk
chunky.

Cadoc
---

                                    - William Gibson