[Sca-cooks] Pressure cooking

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 10:54:27 PST 2004

Sorry to hear you had bad experiences.  My mom was a working mom, and lived with her pressure cooker.  Things tasted normal, but then I would have been used to it, but now that I have grown up, mom's pressure cooked stuff tasted pretty much like everybody else's regular cooking.  I have never used one.  We didn't use crock pots at our house though.  Mom never got the hang of it.  I am just now learning--a bit.

Samrah

PS  I would get rid of the cooker if you have any misgivings about it whatsoever.  If you want one, make sure you have new and properly working equipment, especially since this particular one has caused bad memories.

Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:
Okay. I can accept that.

I just have some very unpleasant memories of
modern foods that have been pressure cooked.
A neighbor was badly injured when her pressure
cooker exploded, when she forgot to keep watch
over the pressure valve.

My mother went through a phase where she used
her pressure cooker a lot. She may have
done things wrong, because all the food she fed
us came out tasting odd at best. I have no
inclination to ever use her pressure cooker.
I think I will give it away.

Huette