[Sca-cooks] Pressure cooking

R J chaingangorg at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 20:58:59 PST 2004

--- Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:
> A neighbor was badly injured when her pressure
> cooker exploded, when she forgot to keep watch
> over the pressure valve.

 Poor Wistan once spent an evening looking for a mop,
due to a mustard seed blocking the vent in a pressure
cooker.
 We never did get all the slime off the ceiling!

 Off flavors may have been caused by acid foods cooked
in an aluminum pot. Stainless pots are now readily
available.

 Last year, I invested in a new pressure cooker which
I trust. It has a different type of vent, which cannot
clog. ( I think it is a Kuhn Rikon, my Mom has it
right now and doesnt want to let go ).

 My greatest pressure cooker success was at PW 21,
when  we could not use camp fires to cook, but had to
feed several on 2 cans of Bernz O Matic for about a
week before the rest of camp arrived with our stuff.
The time saved on cooking translated directly into
more meals served.

 Pressure cookers are tools which need attention, as
your neighbor and I learned, but there are times when
the benefits are well worth it.

 AEsa