[Sca-cooks] Drinking laws

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Nov 18 21:32:43 PST 2004

At 09:02 PM 11/18/2004, you wrote:

> > >Even more important, why not give drivers random IQ tests?
> >
> > I like it! Can we have a mandatory sobriety and IQ test
> > before becoming parents?
>
>I dono ... can we require a sobriety test of underage people?

I don't see why not. Are you any more or less drunk because of when your
birthday is?

(BTW, I got carded the other day- it shocked me, but it was just annoying,
not flattering. The checker was plain rude about it, especially when my
mouth fell open and I could barely stammer out 'but I turn 40 next week!')

> > (Mind you, many of us wouldn't be here...)
>
>Any estimates of where we would be instead?

In Ohio. Under a pile of uncounted provisional ballots.

'Lainie